History

  • About AD 1160 - Heinrich the Lion constructs the 'Landespurch' on Schlossberg hill to guard the salt route
  • 1268 - Landsberg passes into the possession of the Wittelsbach dukes; 1st town fortifications
  • About 1280 - Town charter
  • 1320 - Ludwig the Bavarian awards Landsberg the 'Salzpfennig' ('Salt Penny'); economic prosperity through the salt and textile trades
  • up to 1425 - The last part of the town fortifications with 'Bayertor' gate
  • 1458-88 - Construction of the Parish Church of St. Mary of the Ascension
  • 1576-78 - Jesuit noviciate founded
  • 1618-48 - The town is taken by storm and plundered several times during the 30 Years War
  • 1720 - Completion of the Town Hall
  • Fom 1740 - Construction of the Ursuline convent and church; Dominican since 1845
  • 1749-54 - Dominikus Zimmermann mayor
  • 19th century - Town of civil servants, schools and craftsmen; garrison town
  • 20th century - Post-war years Expansion of the municipal area; founding of several barracks
  • Today - 28,000 inhabitants

Tourist-Info im Historischen Rathaus
Hauptplatz 152
86899 Landsberg am Lech
Phone +49 (0) 8191 128246
Fax +49 (0) 9191 128160
www.landsberg.de
touristinfo@landsberg.de 

Our partner in Landsberg am Lech: 
Tourismusverband Ammersee-Lech

» E-Mail | » Internet

We have found 5 events for you
29 Nov

29.11.2019 – 22.12.2019

Landsberg’s Christmas Market

with a select range of products and romantic atmosphere in the Old Town Mondays to Fridays 4 p.m to 8 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.