History

  • Around 1250 - Establishment as a town
  • 1257 - First recorded mention in written documents
  • 1359 - Market, coinage and toll rights help the town to gain economic prosperity
  • 1398 - Town wall built, raised higher in 1417
  • 1455 - Introduction of a 'cobble tax' (for using the cobbled streets) and salt duty
  • 1480 - Completion of the municipal parish church, church tower erected in 1558
  • 1632 - Battle of Rain; Marshall Tilly is wounded and dies shortly afterwards in Ingolstadt
  • 1762 - Building of the new town hall is completed
  • 1921 and from 1947 onwards - Many new companies established
  • 1972 Re-organisation to form the Donau-Ries administrative district – first municipal incorporations and school building work  
  • 2001 Creation of the new 'Dehner Blumen-Park' (Dehner Flower Park)
  • 2009 Regional garden exhibition 'Nature in Rain 2009' (29 May - 23 August)
Highlights

Stadt Rain
Hauptstr. 60
86641 Rain
Phone +49 (0) 9090 703-0
Fax +49 (0) 9090 703-319
www.rain.de
tourismus@rain.de

Our partners in Rain: 
DEHNER Blumenpark

» E-Mail | » Internet
DEHNER Blumen Hotel****
» E-Mail | » Internet

Rain

Dehner Blumen Hotel

Welcome among friends in Rain, the flower town - spend 3 days and 2 nights in the Blumen Hotel.

We have found 5 events for you
01 Apr

April-Oktober 2019

Guided tour of the town ‘For Everyone’

on the first Sunday of every month at 2:0 p.m., meet at the Tilly-Denkmal memorial