- About 1060 AD - First mention of the present day town ('Scongoe')
- End of the 11th c. - The town begins to shift to a nearby hill, the Lechumlaufberg
- 1331 - Town and coin charter under Ludwig the Bavarian; economic upswing as a storage and transhipment place on the 'Via Claudia Augusta'
- 1419 - Construction of the Town Hall, the 'Ballenhaus'
- 1445 - Construction of the Holy Ghost Hospital Church of St. Erasmus, today the Town Museum
- 1490 - Secondary residence of the Wittelsbach family, Duke Christoph the Strong
- 1753 - Reconstruction of the Parish Church of St. Mary of the Ascension