History

  • AD 735  - Nunnery founded by Bishop Bonifacius
  • Between 1237 and 1245 - Town charter granted
  • 1688 -Latin School, forerunner of the Matthias Grünewald Grammar School, founded by Franciscan monks
  • 1867 - Work begins on the construction of the neo-Gothic Town Hall at the Market Place
  • 1910-1914 - Construction of the Catholic Town Church of St. Martin
  • 1954 - Fencing Centre founded by Emil Beck; today, it is the National and Regional Fencing Centre; Olympic Fencing Centre
  • Since 1973 - Capital of the Main-Tauber District
  • 2005 - 1250th anniversary of Tauberbischofsheim
Highlights

Tourist Information
Marktplatz 8
97941 Tauberbischofsheim
Phone +49 (0) 9341 80333
Fax +49 (0) 9341 803713
www.tauberbischofsheim.de - tourismus@tauberbischofsheim.de 

Our partner in Tauberbischofsheim:
Hotel St. Michael ***S

» E-Mail | » Internet

Tauberbischofsheim

Hotel St. Michael - Culinary weekend

Hotel St. Michael, which is steeped in tradition, is located in a peaceful spot on the edge of the old town and is perfectly placed for a short...